1. Strategic surveillance must be kept
as unfocused as possible.
as focused as possible.
as fast as possible.
2. These are also referred to as crowdsourcing or open innovation.
3. In which type of strategy do functional tactics translate into action designed to accomplish specific short-term objectives?
4. CCC21 stands for
construction of cost competitiveness for the 21st century.
continuous cost competitiveness in the 21st century.
cost chain competition for the 21st century.
competitive cost competency in the 21st century.
5. Organizational culture includes important assumptions shared by members of the organization. These assumptions are often
very obvious to outsiders
very similar to all other organizations in that industry
6. The DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control) process is relevant to
strategic matrix analysis
7. This, called kaizen in Japanese, is the process of relentlessly trying to find ways to improve and enhance a company’s products and processes from design through assembly, sales, and service.
8. While these may under perform established products in mainstream markets, they often offer features or capabilities appreciated by some fringe customer group.
9. A leader’s vision should be
10. This is concerned with tracking a strategy as it is being implemented, detecting problems or changes in its underlying premises, and making necessary adjustments.
11. These create differences across national boundaries that influence how people interact, read personal cues, and otherwise interrelate socially.
12. Key, routine activities that must be undertaken in each department of the organization are
13. The effort to familiarize future leaders with the skills important to the company and to develop exceptional leaders among the managers you employ is
identifying an action plan
education and leadership development
14. Short-term objectives assist strategy implementation by identifying measurable outcomes of action plans or functional activities, which can make feedback, ion, and evaluation
more geared toward growth
more relevant and acceptable
15. This idea factor involves following demographic and other broad trends and trying to develop ideas that may be relevant and useful.
16. Power Fund is a long-standing brokerage firm with a great history of high returns and well-managed growth. The managers at Power Fund repeatedly refer to terms like quality, growth, and reliability in the firm’s advertisements. This demonstrates managers’
building time into the organization.
emphasis on key themes or dominant values.
managing the firm globally.
dissemination of stories and legends about core values.
17. Discussion about and agreement on short-term objectives help raise issues and potential conflicts within an organization that usually
focus on public relations
require organizational coordination
need little coordination
require additional personnel
18. Short-term objectives are usually
completed within 2 months
set to be completed within 5 years